Monday, October 19, 2009

October 19-23

Parents I will be sending home a Media Release Form on Tuesday. This gives me permission from you to include student pictures from activities we have done to put on the class blog. I did this last year and the parents loved it. I even had grandparents checking the class blog each week to see pictures! Sometimes I will include first names but never last names with student photos. Please sign and return this form by Friday. I already have pictures to include for next week's post!

Language Arts: Contractions and Abbreviations

Science: Rocks

Writing: Descriptive Paragraph

Math: We finished our unit on Measurement and Geometry. I was surprised by how well the students understood Geometry! We will be starting Minute Math. This is to help challenge students to get math facts quick.

This week's math focus:
- Develop understanding of the position of whole numbers (ones, tens, hundreds, thousands).
- Represent a number as different combinations of tens and ones.
- Trade 1 ten for 10 ones.
- Trade 10 ones for 1 ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment